There are so many valid reasons that can make you say thanks but no thanks to any job candidate but the same reasons by Bob cannot be one of them. A resume is considered to be a document for marketing, not a legal one. It is the responsibility of the job candidate to include any details that they wish on their resume and leave the ones that they wish.
There are so many reasons why you can decline any candidates who are looking for a job.
1. When they do not possess the college or university degree or GPA that you wished them to have that job. If the experience of someone indicates that they are eligible for that job, it is good that you do not concentrate on making sure that the candidates have the exact degree that you were looking for.
You will be disadvantaged if you bear in mind the GPA of the candidate. A high GPA will mean that you value the grades very much. By looking at this it will not mean that you have a high probability of succeeding, you are more talented and smarter. Any managers who hire candidates based on GPA cannot be the best ones who you may wish to work for, even though you may have a high GPA.
2. When the candidates would not have stayed in their past jobs long enough that you would have wished. No single person would like to leave a job which he/she enjoys to do. You will not be able to hire a candidate who has worked previously in company that has laid almost all candidates.
3. When they do not have the job title that you wished your candidates that you selected to have. The smart job recruiter will know how to choose the best candidate. In your job, you may indicate that you need someone with five years in the marketing field. You can even pick a candidate who has not even worked in the marketing department. You may not have many years of experience in the marketing field but you may still be able to have a good knowledge to run a marketing department.
4. When to dot have any gap in their resume. People who are smart always take chances, they often change their jobs and do take risks in their career. Sometimes they do benefit from their risk and in other cases they may not benefit. This life is all about learning. Some people may have the personal consideration that can make them to even spend one or two years away from the workforce that they are paid. This will not make to be less valuable or talented. You come across any company that do reject job seekers because they do have gaps in their resume will not deserve your talent.
5. When they have changed functions or industries several times. It can sense for one to stay in one career job when there is the likelihood of you changing your job level. You will not move ahead by doing your job patiently while you wait your manager to promote you that you can move forward. You can even get old while you wait for this idea to happen. The best path for you may not be a straight one.
6. When they have done a mixture of non-payroll and payroll jobs. Nowadays it is easy for people to move out of any organizations. They can work for themselves and take contract positions at the same time. Employers who are smart will not reject any candidate because they have worked on contract or independently.